PS choke

Design and use of Chokes for PS, anode and filament use.
crazy bill the eel killer

PS choke

Post by crazy bill the eel killer »

Hello Dave,
I need a choke for the PS.
It'll be CLC, then splitting dual mono via an RC section to get the 290V needed for the EL84, then another section to feed the input stage.

I'm figuring maybe a 10H. I'll let you decide amorphous or nickel, and how big to make it based upon my current requirements.

Also, since it's going to be topside, I'll need end bells.

Thanks, Bill

dual coil choke

Hello Dave,
I know you're still crazy busy, so no hurry here.
I'll send you the new tube compliment soon. All Emission Labs and they're on the way.

I'm intrigued by Lundahl's dual coil chokes. Can you wind a similar item on amorphous or nickel cores ?

Thanks, Crazy Bill
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

I can do both.

the nickel cores would simply be on a split bobbin and the amorphous can either be done on a single split bobbin like the nickel or on two discrete bobbins on a single core.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com

Thanks Dave,

we'll go further w/ this when I start the design of the power supplies. I'm pretty much decided I'll be doing two separate supplies; one for the driver stages and one for the output stages. That will also very greatly simplify the layout.

But they'll be your chokes. I wouldn't have a clue which option you described would be best for this application, so we'll narrow it down, but I'll trust your choice.

Thanks, Crazy Bill