Allnic H3000 Mods

All the parts have to be put together at some point. Have fun!
advanced101

Allnic H3000 Mods

Post by advanced101 »

For some reason I cannot start a thread in the Phono section.

I have an Allnic H3000, which is fantastic, especially for the used price I bought it for. Someone mentioned a worthwhile mod is to change the adjustable input resistor switch to a solid 47k resistor. I opened the unit to take a look and saw a lot of mod potential.

My question: How important is the quality of the Capacitor & Resistor in the LCR signal circuit. I am thinking about swapping them to mundorf and audio note.

Another question is: Does Intact make custom 600 Ohm Inductors in Silver that might be an easy swap? I am already looking to go Silver SUTs.

I posted a few pics of the inside of the unit if anyone has any good mod ideas.
Attachments
IMG_5260.jpg
IMG_5260.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 4127 times
IMG_5261.jpg
IMG_5261.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 4129 times
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

Hey... Odd that you can't post in phono...

I find the cap type in he LCR has a big impact on the sound of the circuit and I can make 600Ω inductors for a LCR EQ in silver. You may be best simply redoing a completely new LCR module and replacing the ones inside.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
advanced101

Post by advanced101 »

Thanks for the reply. I have an EMIA Ag Remoteformer. After comparing the silver to copper, I am now a silver convert.

Yes, replacing the entire module makes more sense.

The cap in the LCR circuit is 62 uF. 62 is an odd value. Would it be better to parallel a 45+17 or change the value slightly to go with a single 68 uF. I ran the calcs and the difference in the high pass frequency is less than 1 Hz with the 68 uF but since these caps are not cheap I would rather get outside feedback and not experiment.

Thanks again!
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

Hey.

that 62µf cap is not part of the LCR filter... it may be a coupling cap to / from the the LCR but the caps in a 600Ω unit are in the 5µf and .1256µf range. In order to use a cap that large the LCR impedance would be around 50Ω

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
advanced101

Post by advanced101 »

That is interesting, I don't see a cap near that value anywhere around.

Is it possible the cap is inside the LCR module?
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

my guess is the module is a 3 terminal device and everything is inside

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
advanced101

Post by advanced101 »

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Ill stick with the easy stuff first. Maybe simplifying the signal path by bypassing the input selector and going directly to the SUTs, change the input resistance switch to a solid 47k resistor then upgrade the SUTs to Ag.