HPD Crossovers

All the parts have to be put together at some point. Have fun!
easton379

HPD Crossovers

Post by easton379 »

I have 6 x HPD385, 2 x HPD315 and 2X HPD295 in custom cabinets. My surround controller is a Meridian G65 and I have 5 x Nakamichi PA7II amps powering them all. Recently, I started getting a buzz from the 2 X HPD315 which I use as side speakers in the 7.1 setup. I thought it was the amp and I replaced it with a spare Nakamichi PA7II. Same thing, the buzz is still there. Fooling around with the crossover switches on one of the HPD315 eliminated the buzz momentarily. Is it possible the crossovers are creating the buzz? With the rest of the equipment being off, just powering up the amp driving the HPD315s the buzz is audible. Can the crossovers be repaired and brought back to their original (or improved) performance? The WEB seems to be full of contradictory opinions...
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

I doubt the crossover would suddenly start causing buzz. I would swap the speaker cables from the buzzing pair to a non buzzing pair and see if the buzz follows the speakers or stays put. This will tell you where to start looking for a cause.
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com