Ikeda 9TT step up

the road not taken.
Darrenw

Ikeda 9TT step up

Post by Darrenw »

Hi all

looking for suggestions on silver v copper on a step up project for my Ikeda 9TT cart.

Current plan is to make an enclosure to match my other kit and maybe some kind of optional loading to make it easy to vary the loading if needed down track.

my first post so be gentle with the technical stuff

cheers
darren
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

Hey,

personally I love the silver. It give tons of more info with out any hint of harshness.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
Darrenw

Ratio question

Post by Darrenw »

Hi Dave

So we calculated 1:36 here but you suggested 1:40 so just wondering if I should go 36 because I already have a “too much gain in my system� problem

In case it helps I have a Thomas Mayer from end (10y pre and ec8020 phono) followed by a Conrad Johnson sa350 power amp

Given our chat I got to borrow a hash IMO to hm7 to try and that only gave me a couple more usable clicks on the attenuator volume control

I did wonder if I should be chatting to you about a replacement attenuator with finer steps though, also in silver if course�
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

hey,

the difference between 1:36 and 1:40 is just under 1 dB which wont have much effect if you have too much gain. Having too much gain means a 1:30 or even a 1:20 may be more appropriate.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com