Pulsed Waveforms and Spice

LT spice, Curve Captor, PSUDII and whatever other sims you can think of.

sbench

Pulsed Waveforms and Spice

Post by sbench »

There are many times when we would like to use something other than the old standard sine wave to check the operation of our circuit. Spice provides for several types of signals to drive the circuit.

In the example below, I have shown three different "generators" producing 4 different waveforms. (one of the generators is generating 2 different waveforms... I did that just to give you an example of what can be done). One of the generators is a pulse sinewave... I have set this up to produce 10 cycles of a sine wave, starting 100msec after simulation starts, and ending 100msec after that. Next is a sawtooth waveform, with 10 teeth. This goes from 300 to 400 ms. It also has a DC offset. The final generator is an arbitrary piecewise linear generator. This is the most versatile, as you can essentially define your own waveform. I set it up to produce a square wave from 500 to 600 ms and a triangular waveform from 700 to 800ms. The "GIF" file shows the schematic and the input and output waveforms for a typical amplifier. The "ASC" file is the source "schematic" to feed to LT Spice.

-Steve
Attachments
wavetest.asc
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
wavetest.gif
wavetest.gif (36.84 KiB) Viewed 3502 times