6GB5/EL500

LT spice, Curve Captor, PSUDII and whatever other sims you can think of.

nanana

6GB5/EL500

Post by nanana »

hey stephie, if you are out there...
i am sure you have a lot going on... but i wish to ask you for a big favor...

could you take a look at this tube and conjure me (us) up a model please?! i am working on an article... and i have built some gadgets with it, but would love to work out some extended variations without soldering.

the smaller, low voltage high current/high perveance tubes are interesting for some of us... i imagine.

this tube and the 6AV5 are wonderful... i have used them a fair bit. and there are inexpensive quantities of them around. the russian version is excellent (6P36S and i suspect the 6P44S).

i understand if you have no time, but it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
your
jc morrison
my skin is thin, my skull is thick.
sbench

Post by sbench »

Hi,
I'll work on that one in about a week. Sorry for the delay but my sis's mom (my step mom) just passed away unexpectedly and we are heading to Ohio for the funeral. (Taking the red eye from San Diego to Philly to Dayton Ohio tonight). I'll probably use one of the "new models" that I am working on, so it's likely to be pretty true to the actual characteristics, but since I'm refining the generic prototype, it will also be "unique" from a prototype viewpoint.

I hope to have a generic model and Spice build program that allows us to basically enter the published characteristics, and then simply refine (tweak) the values to hit the curves.

Warmest Regards,
Stephie <3
nanana

Post by nanana »

thanx stephie... you'll get a major shout out for this. if i can do anything for you, please just ask.
sorry for your loss... take care!

your,
jc
GUNFU

UL curves

Post by GUNFU »

Hi Steve. What could be wrong? UL curves are not real. Wrong models?
Attachments
Pentode UL curve.asc
(6.97 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
nanana

Post by nanana »

the curves work perfectly. click on the generators. they are plotted "upside down" from convention, but still good nonetheless.
GUNFU

I found a bug.

Post by GUNFU »

No, they are not good enough. I found a bug. It is necessary to rearrange the controlled and non-controlled voltage sources in places.
GUNFU

Curves in pentode, triode, UL with cathodic feedback.

Post by GUNFU »

I have modified my simple circuit for taking ultra-linear curves, as well as in the pentode and triode. Now it not only works accurately, but also captures curves with cathodic feedback too.
Curves in pentode, triode, UL with cathodic feedback.
Attachments
Curves in pentode triode UL with cathodic feedback.asc
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 260 times