Offer toYOU to evaluate this design

stephie's place

Moderator: sbench

sbench

Offer toYOU to evaluate this design

Post by sbench »

Hi All,
The integrated amp design is intended to be a "transformer rich" design. I would like to make this a collaborative project. That is,

I am offering you folks the opportunity to listen to, and comment on this design........

Please review the "integrated amp" thread. I will be publishing on this forum the various design aspects of this project. Feel free to comment and add to this project. Unlike my normal designs, this one will actually be built to be able to stand up to shipping and handling. I am offering you the opportunity of hearing this thing in your own environment. What I do ask is your truthful evaluation... what do you like, what do you not like. I'm hoping we can ALL learn from this experience.

I've given you a start in the "integrated amp" thread. Lets see what we can learn... what I've given is a "straw man"; it's not cast in concrete.

Dave seems to be amenable to doing the iron, and I think we are all convinced this is definitely a key.

When I finish a section, I'll be more than happy to ship this critter to anyone who wants to truely listen and evaluate what they're hearing. Since ALL audio aspects are eventually being touched, this gives us an opportunity to look at many of the things that we use in this "hobby". What I ask is that things be returned in a "reasonable" timeframe.

Right now we're in the volume/loudness section. Next is expected to be the line stage so that the bass/treble can be evaluated.

Comments?

Steve