I'm still alive

stephie's place

Moderator: sbench

sbench

I'm still alive

Post by sbench »

Well, made it thru ok. Recouperating. Youse guys missed a good opportunity. Steve got whole Photoshop suite for $30 and new 2011 blackberry for $100

CU when I get back

Stephie >3
shinebox

Post by shinebox »

Good on you Stephie and best wishes for a speedy recovery,
shines
sbench

Post by sbench »

Thanks. I'll be here til the 21st. Couple of checkups to go

Stephie >3
JeffreyJ

Post by JeffreyJ »

super duper great to hear that things went well!

I missed out on thai food (my favorite) and endless tube geek discussions (also my favorite).... instead, dave made me go to an audio show... which, although I got to see many friends, was not nearly as much fun as Thailand would have been.. bad sound and glossy advertisements (even some glossy advertisers!)

speedy recovery!

Peace,
Jeffrey
sbench

Post by sbench »

Hi Jeffrey and all,

Dxxn Thai food is great. Picked up about 10 pounds on that trip, although some of that is associated with a better top end. (Yeah, I got my, er, uh, tweeters, yeah, that's it, tweeters, improved while I was under the knife so to speak). Those Thai street venders produce some really excellent tasty food. You can easily fill up for the equivalent of a buck or so. Hotel also had what must have been the best free breakfast I've ever seen; all you want of ham and eggs, chicken, soups, spaghetti and sauce, rice and various curries, cereals, various breads, fruits, yoghurt, salads, juices, coffee, tea etc. My son usually had 2 or 3 helpings of stuff. All good, not the cheap crap. I love Miso soup, so when they had that (about every other day) I'd have that, fruit, toast and a nice salad. (interesting tomatoes... taste slightly different than in US but tasty. Also very different tasting bananas).

Back home again and recouping nicely.

I'm going to have to use my medical letter "be nice to her at the airport" for ETF if I can re-use it. That was fantastic coming back. Both at Thailand and in US... when I checked in, they put me in a wheelchair and I zipped thru the short line for immigration security etc. 20 min tops in Thailand, and on US side, you know the immigration line? Well, from the time I got my luggage til the time I was outside waiting for the shuttle for the car 15 minutes tops! Phenomenal Talisman, that medical letter.

Now to get some nice audio projects completed... I'm still working on a 6AQ5 amp for the office at work... first version didn't sound quite the way I wanted, so still working on it.

Stephie
nanana

heal up soon!

Post by nanana »

hey stephie,
see you at etf. it will be great to meet... good luck on the trip back and heal up!

your,
jc
my skin is thin, my skull is thick.