type 26 triode linestage

Design and use of the various types.
crazy bill the eel killer

type 26 triode linestage

Post by crazy bill the eel killer »

Hello Dave,
Hope all is well. Sent you an e-mail about this.
Ready to get going. Most everything in house. As usual, many questions.

First, as we discussed a while ago, I'll need a pr.of nickel line output TO @ 4/1 stepdown. From what I've read about 200h primary inductance unless you think something else would be more appropriate.

I'll be using the 47 step silver autoformers for volume control. Which brings me to this.
Two places to put it. The usual before the tube, or can I put it across the secondary of the line output TO. In my limited understanding I see some benefits to this, or is that a bad idea.

Your boards and Coleman regs for the filaments. No wavering there.

The B+ has options. one would be a linear supply CLCLC then split dual mono with an additional RC section feeding each channel. The other option is a regulated B+ as on the Bartola webpage. I'll need some guidance here.

BTW, anybody with thoughts/experience here please feel free to chime in.

Cheers, Crazy Bill

P.S. for Dave. As I write this, I can taste the Sushi !!
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

Since you would be using a 4:1 on the output of the 26 I would put the autoformer after that because you will attenuate noise along with the signal.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
JuliaSexyFrau

Hi!

Post by JuliaSexyFrau »

The C3 reunited for the evening to evaluate the 49 and 80% nickel transformers. Johnny and I have been using amorphous core trannies for several years. When we optimized the gaps we found that the gaps required were larger than expected based on the plots. The same occurred this time. For the 80% nickel cores, the best balance of detail/nuance and "juice" occurred with a gap of .012" ( 3 tan spacers). We started with 1 tan spacer based on the plot. The detail and air were excellent with the 80% cores but they were relatively thin in the mids. With the 49% cores, the best balance was produced with 2 tan and 1 green spacer(s) (.011"). Most of the nuance from the 80% cores was evident but the mid range was more full and closer (but not quite there) to what we like so much with the amprphous cores. The 80% cores are probably not suitable but it would be interesting to try 49% nickel transformers with larger cores, wound to the specs of our systems. Thanks for providing the C3 with an evening of fun, the last we will share until Johnny returns to C in October.

� дл� чего так в�ё у�ложн�ть? :D