Output transformer for 4P1L linestage

Design and use of the various types.
rickmcinnis

Output transformer for 4P1L linestage

Post by rickmcinnis »

I know I have asked before but wonder if there might be others interested in getting these from you so I post to what seems to be a lonely forum.

Hope you look here occasionally

Would like to run the tube between 30 and 40 mAs but think it could not hurt to have a little reserve.

I would like to have two versions - one that would result in a gain of 6 dB or so and another with something like 12 dB. Of course, I would need two of each.

Not wanting to pad my above 500 hz horns ...
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

Pretty simple... the 4:1 (12dB) will fare better than the 2:1 (6dB)

why not try a 1:1 (much better bandwidth) and an autoformer on your driver to level match?

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
rickmcinnis

Post by rickmcinnis »

Well, you know my head will never understand transformers but you said that a 1:1 is best followed by 4:1 and lastly, 2:1.

You will have to forgive me but that is confusing.

I already have pair of your speaker level autoformers and as good as they are I think the sound is better without it but then I have not compared it to adding a gain stage but one way or another there will be a gain stage but it sure would be simpler to just build one of these things. And much cheaper, too.

Thanks for your counsel.

I got you to modify my autoformers and I cannot remember what attenuation you wound them for.

SO, I would like some gain for the 100 to 500 hz horns so you would recommend 4:1.

Would you give me a range of cost for what you can do?

Sorry it took me so long to check back here.

THANKS,