Ag Autoformers

Design and use of the various types.
tasar

Ag Autoformers

Post by tasar »

Anyone care to chime in on the sonic merits of the silver autos ?
tasar

Re: Ag Autoformers

Post by tasar »

[quote="tasar"]Anyone care to chime in on the sonic merits of the silver autos ?[/quote

So it's a hoax, no Ag autos exist or the sonic merits of such, is unremarkable. And Dave, how long before the "demo" Ag former gets to be judged by others ? Just wondering as I'm an owner of your products, but don't see much communication here at the forum.
dave slagle

Post by dave slagle »

well anything I would say would simply be construed as advertising :-)

hopefully in the near future there will be a review of the silver vs. copper so stay tuned.

dave
Get Your Fix
www.hifiheroin.com
redboy

Post by redboy »

I like the silver!

A few years back I built a simple preamp using the "standard" copper Slagleformer modules. I've always liked a passive preamplifier in my system and that build was the very best I'd owned or heard after experimenting with a succession of different resistive and transformer-based attenuators. I lived with it quite contentedly for several years.

A few months ago I contacted John Chapman about the silver option and ended up ordering up a set of them after selling off a few audio toys to fund the endeavor. I built them up and posted photos in his Audio Circle forum (apparently I don't have enough posts to my name yet to add photos here).

I'm not very good at using lots of flowery hifi words to describe sound, but the difference is not subtle. The silvers do everything that the copper AVCs do, but better. If you've had experience with the copper modules, then you know that it is difficult to imagine significantly improving on them, but the silvers are more detailed, more resolving, more liquid, more awesome, mo' bettah!

Upgrading to the silver autoformers was a step of faith, and driven more by curiosity than any sort of hifi discontent. I don't regret it a bit, though. A good friend has my original preamp now, and the silvers are going to be here for a very long time!

I look forward to hearing other people's impressions of them!
crazy bill the eel killer

Post by crazy bill the eel killer »

Hello David,

Are these available yet ??

In what versions ?

Only the autoformers, or the module too ?

And prices please, if possible.

HIGHLY INTERESTED.

Would prefer the module if you can wind one.